We are ATSAL, an HR Consulting & Recruitment Agency, operating in Russia, CIS and EU.
Our client is a global movement for social, cultural, and ecological transformation which mission is to practice and promote ethical values and wellbeing through six major departments: Art & Craft, Education, Design & Innovations, Agriculture, Home Hospitality, and Agency for sustainable practices.
Our client is looking for a Managing Director.
The Managing Director is the most senior member of staff and will be ultimately responsible for our client performance, ensure our client mission and vision implementation, financial sustainability and organic growth.
The Managing Director must secure that policies and organisational methods are in line with our client’s values and principles and needs to be capable of overseeing all commercial and non-commercial operations, activities and growth as it aims to execute both simultaneously at an international level.
Commercial operations do aim at securing and growing resources to enable the non-for-profit part of the organization to achieve its stated mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Direct and control the work and resources of the company and ensures the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed staff to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
– Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
– Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory and other regulations.
– Proactively set and approve priorities, milestones, action plans, and KPIs for department directors;
– Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the appropriate range and quality of services.
– Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are minimized.
– Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms, ensuring Total Quality Management systems and ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
– Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the company and ensure their approval by the board.
– Act as the key decision-maker for department directors’ inquiries.
– Ensures ethical practices, policies and procedures are adhered to in the best way possible.
The ideal candidate
– Must have a significant management and leadership experience, including ideally at senior level in a medium to large, complex, multi-stakeholder organization.
-Must have a Proven record of successful financial management, including management of substantial budgets and business planning.
– Must have an experience of successful strategic management and a track record of leading the formulation and delivery of high-quality services and outcomes
-Must have a demonstrable record of leading, motivating and managing multi-disciplinary teams to achieve significant improvement and outstanding results.
– Must have a good track record of working in and forging successful partnerships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and evidence of success in building and enhancing the reputation of an organization with external bodies.
– Must have a thorough understanding of best practice in financial management and performance management.
– Must have a sound understanding of effective governance in not-for profit organizations, a passion for social entrepreneurship and strong commitment to ethical and environmental practices.
– Mut have an exceptional interpersonal skill, including strategic influencing/negotiation skills with the ability to relate to and communicate effectively with people at all levels, manage differing expectations of all stakeholders and to act as an external ambassador of an organization, all levels to various audiences.
– Should have a sound judgement and ability to handle competing priorities and a challenging workload in a pressurized environment.
– Must be a confident and resourceful manager who can operate in a complex multi-disciplined environment, able to manage budgets and resources effectively to achieve the best value for money.
– Must be visionary and empowering leadership, creative and innovative thinker, with the ability to generate ideas, with strong commitment to ethical and environmental practices
– Must be Fluent English speaker and able to travel and be based for long missions abroad (Russia, Europe and Middle East); Russian language and or residency permit would be a plus.
– Full Time Job
– Location: Flexible, between Russia, Europe and Middle East.
– Excellent financial condition, to be discussed.