Industrial Project Manager - Russia
In Russia, greenfield construction of a mineral processing plant for the filtration market.
At least 1 year assignment in Rostov on Don (Russia) with potential evolution as plant manager after construction.
Ensure the project is being completed on time, within technical specifications and within budget and in compliance with Imerys HSE policy.
- Plan, design and implement installation of equipment and site infrastructure
- Liaise with design engineering companies to build and finalize designs and direct suppliers on subsequent design specification (equipment, civil, structure, piping, mechanical assembly, electricity, automation)
- Ensures efficiency of project management processes to achieve successful delivery of the project
- Functional description, agreement of scope, permitting, design
- Preparation of specifications, vendor selection, tender documentation, bidding process, adjudication of tenders, contract documentation
- Management of construction works to ensure adherence to agreed scope and specification
- Management of project schedule and budget
- Carry out risk identification, evaluation of project risk to assist with costing and management of residual risk.
- Ensure that engineering design is carried out in accordance with operation requirements
- Ensure that Project and Construction activities are carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and, in particular, to ensure strict adherence to Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental matters
- Advise on engineering matters and challenge design companies
- Ensure the competency of engaged resources and ensure work carried out in accordance with specifications
- Ensure sufficient staffing from subcontractors
Manage local project team from subcontractors.
Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial and construction project management (5 M€+ minimum) – ideally in developing countries or difficult environment and for greenfield plant project.
- Experience managing 3rd party engineering and construction companies, ability to challenge notably on engineering work (based on AutoCAD or equivalent software) and electrical engineering drawings.
- Operational knowledge of project engineering disciplines : civil, structure, piping, mechanical assembly electricity & automation.
- Working knowledge of MS Project or equivalent tool.
- Fluent English speaker – Russian a strong plus.
- Demonstrated project Management skills, notably the ability to plan, prioritize, keep on track, lead, conflict resolution.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally and report regularly and efficiently.
- Experience in Mineral Processing preferred.
To apply to this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org